Gary H. Leibowitz is a Partner in the Bankruptcy & Restructuring, and Litigation departments at Cole Schotz. His practice focuses, in part, on sports law, ski resort, sporting goods, and sports industry matters. He is a member of the Sports Lawyers Association, a licensed Sprots Agent, and a past President of the Bankruptcy Bar Association for the District of Maryland. Gary and his partners in Baltimore were recognized by U.S. News & World Reports among the “Best Law Firms and Best Lawyers” earning a first-tier ranking in bankruptcy & reorganization law, and bankruptcy litigation. He has also been selected for inclusion in (i) The Best Lawyers in America®, 2011 through 2014 editions, (ii) Maryland Super Lawyers® 2012 – 2014, and Rising Stars, 2011 & 2010, and (iii) “Top Bankruptcy Lawyers by The Deal, 2006 and 2007. He has recently represented the following parties in ski and sports industry chapter 11 bankruptcy cases:
- Creditors’ Committee for Peak Resorts, Inc., et al. (Greek Peak Ski Resort)
- Creditors’ Committee for D.C. Development, LLC, et al. (Wisp Ski Resort)
- Creditors’ Committee for Federated Sports & Gaming, Inc., et al. (Epic Poker Tour & Heartland Poker Tour)
- Creditors’ Committee for Game Trading Technologies, Inc., et al. (publicly traded company)
- Professional sports franchises in Major League Baseball and the National Football League on bankruptcy matters including vendor and provider agreements, claims, licenses, PSLs, and leases.
He is also hard at work teaching his wife and 3 daughters how to ski.
Contact information is shown in footer below.